Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 Days to a More Organized Life : Day Sixteen : Meal Planning, Part Two

Yesterday I admitted that I am horrible at meal planning and that it's one area where I would really like to improve. Whenever I read about someone who plans meals a month at a time (or actually cooks for a month at a time) I feel like such a slacker and so envious of their mama skills. I can at least make the effort to start out a week at a time.

I'm not the most able graphic designer and I don't really have the time to design my own meal planning sheet. And seriously why kill myself doing this when so many talented folks have already done this and provide free printables?!


I found a meal planning sheet I liked at MommyTracked and printed out a few copies.
My next step was to look at our schedule. We don't have too much going on at the end of this week, but I usually don't like having to cook a lot on Friday. I think I'm just too low on energy to put the effort in and as a result we often eat out or get takeout on Fridays. Instead, this week I'm going to try out one of the slow cooker freezer meals that I prepared yesterday.

I decided on the Black Bean Taco Soup. I already have shredded cheese, sour cream and avocado to go with it so I just need tortilla chips and we'll be set. I popped it in the fridge to thaw until tomorrow when I drop it in the crockpot and let it do its thing.

Saturday is a better day for cooking because dad is home to help occupy the kids during the dinner prep. Sunday is a good day for making a nice and easy meal, something yummy that doesn't take too much time. I'm also trying to use what I have on hand as much as possible so that food doesn't go to waste.

So here's my plan from now until Sunday.
     *Thursday - easy fish tacos
     *Friday - black bean taco soup (slow cooker)
     *Saturday - lasagna soup w/ salad
     *Sunday - sesame chicken & rice (slow cooker)

Update: Here's my finished Eat Sheet from above. I also changed Saturday's lasagna to lasagna soup, a recipe I've been wanting to try for a while.

Thanks for stopping by! You can go here to check out the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share