Monday, September 10, 2012

Thankfulness Thursdays/ Week Six (A little late)


A little late and... whatever. I'm still thankful this week! Week six of Thankfulness Thursdays with Ashley from Domestic Fashionista, and this week I'm feeling thankful for modern medicine. That's not really what I had planned when I started writing but sometimes plans change.

Part of the reason I'm so late on this post is because I threw out my back last week. I've never done anything like this before and I can't remember being in so much constant pain since just after my babies were born. I finally saw a doctor today and got some magical muscle relaxers that are making life so much easier. Sleepier... but much less painful.

We live in a time and place where we have access to the most advanced medical care ever. For that we should be very grateful, but it seems to me that sometimes we take that for granted. We're so busy rebelling against corporate America and the pharmaceutical companies that we forget how nice it is when we don't have to live in pain and suffering. I'm not saying that we should be popping pills like candy, but there are billions of people who don't have the access to medical care like we do in the U.S. and we sure seem to complain a lot about how bad it is here. I'm not trying to make some big statement here, I'm just saying that I'm personally grateful to be able to see a doctor and get treatment when I need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share