Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankfulness Thursdays/ Week Seven


Week seven of Thankfulness Thursdays with Ashley at Domestic Fashionista and I am feeling thankful for help in many forms.

If you read my post for week six, you know that I recently hurt my back and I've been in a lot of pain for the past several days. In a very short period of time, we needed to find me a doctor, a chiropractor, and most importantly, someone to care for the kids while the hubs goes to work each day. I'm not completely immobile, but the pain makes it pretty much impossible to keep up with a toddler and a preschooler all day by myself. My husband stepped up big time over the weekend, but this wasn't a week when he could take time off from work so we needed other help.



My mom (aka Nana) spent the day with us on Monday and was a huge help while I was trying to get to the doctor and interview a potential short-term nanny. While Nana is great with the kids and they love her to the ends of the earth, she doesn't really have the energy for five full days of child care. Still, I'm always grateful that my parents live so close and are willing to help us in a pinch (like the two times we called them to come over at 2am when I was dealing with pre-term labor).

Luckily I was able to find a sitter on short notice, with the availability and great references. She's been an savior this week and the kids took to her right away. I already wrote a post about being thankful for good, trustworthy babysitters, but yet again, I feel fortunate that we have been blessed by these girls who will so enthusiastically step in when we need them.

My back is slowly healing and I feel like I'll be back to normal soon enough, but for now it's a great blessing to have the help we need.

Who do you turn to when you need an extra helping hand??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share