Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thankfulness Thursdays/ Week Eight


It's hard to believe that we are more than halfway through September and tomorrow is the first official day of fall. Week eight of Thankfulness Thursdays with Ashley at Domestic Fashionista is already here and today I'm thankful for my girlfriends.

I remember when I was younger, probably around junior high, and I used to hate it when my mom referred to my friends as my "girlfriends." I'm sure if you're a woman reading this, you can remember only too well how that age is so tender and the slightest thing makes you uncomfortable. Now it seems so ridiculous to be bothered by that, but of course as a teen I wouldn't have thought so.



My close girlfriends are a treasure for which I could not be more grateful. They are my lifeline in good times and bad. They know how to support and comfort me just as well as they know how to celebrate with me. When I reflect over the past several years of my life, amidst so many life-changing events like marriage and motherhood, each story features at least one if not all of my closest girls. We know how to  kick up our heels and party together and we know how to rally around one another in times of struggle.


True friends, in my opinion, are not just those who love you and appreciate you for you, they are the people who help you to love yourself and see the best in yourself when it isn't easy. They are able to hold you accountable, give you perspective, and allow you to be the worst version of yourself without turning their backs.

So thank you. You know who you are and what you mean to me already, but here's one more reminder. I love you dearly. I will never forget all the memories we have made and I look forward to all the times together yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share