Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Super Simple Stuffed Shells

Sometimes you need an easy go-to recipe for a hearty meal that makes everyone happy. Kids of all ages are notorious for their various (and mostly inconsistent) food gripes, and mine are no exception. Take this little slice of heaven for example:

My Little Gal: What's for dinner?
Me: Stuffed shells.
Little Gal: (with 4-year-old distaste) What's stuffed shells?
Me: It's kind of like spaghetti but with a different kind of pasta. It's yummy.
Little Gal: I don't like stuffed shells.
Me: (sigh.)

Fast-forward to dinner time:
Little Gal: Mom, I tried it and I love stuffed shells!
Me: Yay.


What You Need:
1 box jumbo shells
1 1/4lbs ground turkey (or beef)
about 1/2-3/4 jar pasta sauce or 2 - 2 1/2cups pre-made sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese


1. Cook the pasta until al dente and drain. Let it cool.

2. Brown the ground turkey (or beef) until cooked through. Turn down the heat and add all but about 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce. If you use beef, drain the fat before adding the sauce. Stir occasionally to heat through the sauce and then mix in about 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.

3. Fill each pasta shell with a large spoonful of the sauce mixture and lay the filled shells side by side in a baking dish. Pour remaining pasta sauce over the shells and sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the top.

4. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.


Serve and enjoy!


Linking to...
Home Stories A2Z Becoming Martha

3 comments:

  1. Okay...I'm looking to see what you did with your TV over the mantle for fall! (If this seems creepy, forgive it. I saw your comment on Decor and the Dog about needing TV mantle ideas and I'm in the same boat.) Hit me up at Brand New We if you post a fall mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was craving Italian today but ended up making chicken instead! I am making these tomorrow night! They look yummy! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up!
    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! These were so easy and so yummy. There are four of us, but two are small children who don't eat much so I made the full recipe and froze about half for another day when I need something I can just heat up and serve. Let me know how you like them!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share