Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Easiest BBQ Meal Ever

We had a small get-together for the 4th of July and I knew I needed a meal that would be super easy to fix. We were planning to spend part of the afternoon at another friend's house so we didn't have tons of time to prepare a dinner for our own guests. This meal feels homemade but it's quick and takes very little prep-work. Oh and I didn't take any pictures so you'll have to imagine what it looked like, which will be easy once you hear the ingredients.

BBQ Pulled-Chicken Sandwiches (feeds 8-9)
2 pre-cooked rotisserie chickens
2 bottles BBQ sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray's)

Shred the chicken off the bone (I don't use the skin) using a fork or your fingers. Put the chicken and about 1 1/2 bottles of bbq sauce in a crockpot and stir. I add a little water so it's not so sticky. Let it sit on low for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally or on high for about an hour. Serve with sandwich buns, cheese and any other condiment you like.

Easy-Peasy Mexican Rice
1 cup cooked rice (I made 2 cups and it was way too much)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 jar salsa

Cook the rice ahead of time and chill in the fridge for a couple hours. Add the black beans and the salsa and stir. That's it. 

We also had grilled corn on the cob and it was really nice to not be slaving away in the kitchen while everyone was hanging out. Since I made way too much rice, we used the leftovers in tacos the next night, and I still ended up freezing a bunch of it. Apparently a little rice goes a long way! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share