Monday, December 28, 2009

Winding Down

The last month has flown by and now it's hard to believe that Christmas is over. We had a wonderful holiday full of celebration. This was our first year combining families for Christmas and it went very smoothly. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and get along, and Baby gladly took on the role of "official center of the universe." I was a little concerned that we hadn't gotten her enough presents and bought a few extra things at the last minute (even though she won't remember this Christmas). I won't make that mistake again. The grandparents spoiled her rotten.

Looking back on the past year, we have been fortunate to have many blessings, not the least of which was our fabulous wedding. Our family has been healthy and happy, and in a time when financial security is in question for the entire nation, we have been steady enough that I have been able to remain at home full time. Baby continues to grow and thrive, and I am now married to a man that I had been hoping for my whole life. I have many goals for 2010 and I feel ready to hit the ground running. For these last few days of 2009, I'm trying to relax a little, take a deep breath, and really count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share