Saturday, May 23, 2009

Cupcake Plan Gone Awry

photo by Bakerella at lovelylittlecakes.blogspot.com
Inspired by this post by Lindsey from the Pleated Poppy, I had a wonderful idea for Baby's 1st birthday party this weekend. (As a side note, this might be one of the most creative women on the planet and the parties she throws are jaw-droppingly cute.) Anyway, my plan was to make cupcakes and do the frosting myself but let the kids decorate their own cupcakes with sprinkles, confetti, etc. We invited a lot of families with children in the preschool to kindergarten age range so I thought even though we aren't doing a "kid's party" per se, this would be a fun activity. Fastforward to the rsvp update from Evite and with 55 people attending (55!) I decided that cupcakes were no longer part of the gameplan. With Baby not at an age where it will bum her out and Fiance working a half-day today, I decided that for the sake of my own sanity, baking six dozen cupcakes was not in my best interest. So we ordered a cake from Vons and I think it will be adorable. Plus my mood will be much better tomorrow if I'm not up until midnight tonight frosting six dozen damn cupcakes.
*Note: Obviously my cupcakes would have looked just like the one pictured above... in my wildest dreams where pigs fly over the frosty slopes of hell.

For future parties how cute are these featured on Bakerella...
Or these...
Someday soon I hope I have the time and effort to try these cuz they are so freaking cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading what you have to say and checking out your blogs too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share